ATD Wielders Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boom (PG)

Go down

Boom (PG) Empty Boom (PG)

Post  Binkatong Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:09 pm

A new fanfic, written by me. More info on what it's about exactly later.

Binkatong
Admin

https://atdwielders.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Boom (PG) Empty Re: Boom (PG)

Post  Binkatong Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:09 pm

Prologue Pt. 1- Bink's POV

That morning, I awoke to nothing.

This wasn't the first time this had happened- not even close. But, as typical of this situation, for a split second after I realized that there was no way I was just alone in a dream, my gut wrenched with a horrible feeling. The same fear and dread I had felt when I awoke after the Big Boom, a gash in my leg, a concrete block on my chest, and only the corpses of my classmates to comfort me.

Honestly, I had every right to be traumatized; I can't think of a single moment that entire week when I wasn't on the verge of death. But I knew I was no special case in this world. So I shook off the emotional damage and noticed the bright side. A natural wake-up means that there were no emergencies to attend to in the group. My smile finally pushed the feeling back into the recesses of my mind.

I stretched my arms and legs without bothering to take off the beat-up quilt, throwing it off anyway in the process. Rolled out of bed, got up, put on some clothes (summer heat + lack of cooling systems = no choice but to sleep in the buff), stood there. What now? I thought for a moment. I was so used to waking up to work, I hadn't had a free morning in weeks. I glanced out the window. The sun was about half way peaking over the big skyscraper with the top half snapped off, which was pathetically the tallest building in the part of the skyline I could see. That meant I had enough time to either relax, or succumb to my OCD.

After a quick analysis of the room's condition, I realized it wasn't even worth trying to relax.

I hopped right over to the old, decrepit fireplace. The top of it was lined with a few photographs, most with cracked frames. (They were on the ground when I moved in here, probably knocked down by the Boom, I put them back up because they were pretty.) They were of a family, the one who lived here before all that crap happened. They were probably dead now. So were most other people. I was starting to stop caring at that point.

I wasn't there for them. I carefully picked them all up and placed them on the ground, revealing spots of clean dented granite in a shallow sea of dust. That's what I was after. I took my hand and swept it across the surface, gathering the dust in long clumps on the side of my hand. I scraped that off and began to fuddle around with it, forming it into a small ball. I skipped over to the window, opened it a crack, and tossed it outside. I repeated the process twice more, making sure I got every last bit of dust there. Why? Because I felt like it. Some people make paper airplanes, some people bounce balls off the wall, I clean up dust with anal thoroughness. Yup.

I soon found myself on the ground, rubbing the dust off the top of the picture frames. That's when I heard the knock on the door.

"Come in," I said, speeding up so I could just finish this one before having to interact with anyone.

The door creaked open. I just listened as the person walked through the door, keeping my eyes on the last bit of work I had. I was pretty sure I already knew who it was. In a few seconds I was done, so I reluctantly put the frame down and glanced up at the person. A grin broke out across my face. I was right.

"Dante!" I greeted enthusiastically. "Hi!"

He shot me that friendly toothless smile he always did. I didn't mind that his lips stayed together, he only showed off his teeth when discussing group politics, which I honestly wanted nothing to do with. "Good morning, Bink."

I rose to my feet, brushing the floor dirt off my legs and shorts. "Time to go?"

"Indeed it is." He cocked his head and looked at my little circle of photographs on the floor, grinning to himself in amusement. He was well aware of what was going on here, and I knew he thought it was weird, but I didn't care in the least.

"So, what's to do today?" I asked.

"Not much," he replied. "We just need to refill the fuel supplies and bring up some more groundwater."

"Wow, really?" I exclaimed in amazement. I was never that not busy.

He chuckled. "Knowing this place, something'll probably pop up, but for now that's it."

"So, fuel first?" I inquired, stretching my stiff spine from side to side.

He nodded. "Come on, let's go." I bounded along after him.

(To be completed)

Binkatong
Admin

https://atdwielders.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum